- Received a replacement laptop at work because the one I had was plagued with errors impossible to replicate on demand. No sound? No wireless connection? No idea! Happily, the new one worked just fine.
- Went to lunch at the Greek festival with co-workers and had yummy stuffed grape leaves and chicken and orzo.
- Became a sweaty mess. Hot food, no shaded outdoor seating, and a record-breaking combination of heat and humidity made for an uncomfortable situation.
- Sat in a hot car in the sun during my commute home.
- Jumped into the shower as soon as I walked through the door.
- Sitting on my couch, underneath a whirring ceiling fan, in wet hair and pajamas.
- Breathing easily.
- Typing on JG’s old college laptop, the one with the R and F keys missing and a finicky Ethernet port.
- Eavesdropping on Good Eats: the sausage episode.
- Hearing my stomach growl.
- Watching the clock.
- Make myself presentable and put on something fun and dressy.
- Drive to meet JG and his teacher friends at a new (to me) Japanese-Thai restaurant.
- See JG for the first time since this morning.
- Take pictures because we’ll all look snazzy. Hopefully, some of them will be good.
- Come home late and fall into bed for a hard-earned night of sleep without the threat of an alarm buzzing on Saturday morning.