Friday, June 8, 2007

Friday, Three Tenses

I…

  • Received a replacement laptop at work because the one I had was plagued with errors impossible to replicate on demand. No sound? No wireless connection? No idea! Happily, the new one worked just fine.
  • Went to lunch at the Greek festival with co-workers and had yummy stuffed grape leaves and chicken and orzo.
  • Became a sweaty mess. Hot food, no shaded outdoor seating, and a record-breaking combination of heat and humidity made for an uncomfortable situation.
  • Sat in a hot car in the sun during my commute home.
  • Jumped into the shower as soon as I walked through the door.

I am…

  • Sitting on my couch, underneath a whirring ceiling fan, in wet hair and pajamas.
  • Breathing easily.
  • Typing on JG’s old college laptop, the one with the R and F keys missing and a finicky Ethernet port.
  • Eavesdropping on Good Eats: the sausage episode.
  • Hearing my stomach growl.
  • Watching the clock.

I will…

  • Make myself presentable and put on something fun and dressy.
  • Drive to meet JG and his teacher friends at a new (to me) Japanese-Thai restaurant.
  • See JG for the first time since 6:30am this morning.
  • Take pictures because we’ll all look snazzy. Hopefully, some of them will be good.
  • Come home late and fall into bed for a hard-earned night of sleep without the threat of an alarm buzzing on Saturday morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan! Hoping the Japanese-Thai was fabulous - sure sounds yummy!

L Sass said...

What an excellent end to the week! I collapsed in bed before 10 pm last night while reading The Power Broker. Exciting life I lead!

Anonymous said...

Interesting! And the Greek festival...yummy! :)